Ceramic filters have a history as a means of filtering water dating back to the early 1800's when reliable drinking water sources were not available in most countries; that history and development from the early filters has allowed progression to today's ceramics. Our advances in the ceramic filtration manufacturing process result in a more effective and efficient means of treating a wide range of sub-micron contaminants. Our modern manufacturing practices give our ceramic elements a more controlled and consistent pore structure.
Using ceramic filters as a means of treating and filtering water is not new, the benefits however remain for many reasons.
- Cleanable, so instead of throwing away another filter when it clogs, you simply clean the ceramic to restore the flow rate, and save money.
- The tight porosity of the ceramic slows the water flow through the filter allowing for sufficient contact time with the core material allowing for better contaminant reduction.
- Ceramic shell protects the filter from premature failure due to bio-fouling algae, etc, on the surface).
- Retains healthy minerals; takes out the bad and leaves in the good.
- Ceramic filters can operate under low pressure making it a diverse filtration medium.
Filters are for use on cold water only.